Other Kei cars....

Discuss other 'Zukis and other Kei class cars here

Moderator: Steering Group

Re: Other Kei cars....

Postby Chris da Silva » Sat Jun 07, 2014 13:13

So the hunt is now on for a Beat! There's little chance of me coming across a Cara or AZ-1 in Oz... :(
Chris da Silva
Message Board Guru
Message Board Guru

Postby John Matheson » Sat Jun 07, 2014 13:17

Don't "Beat" yourself up over a lack of AZ-1's :lol: I was talking to a guy today who sold a few in Adelaide about 15 years ago...
John Matheson
Message Board Newbie
Message Board Newbie

Postby Chris da Silva » Sat Jun 07, 2014 14:08

Nice one, John.. ("Beating" myself up!) :lol:

I've seen Beats up for sale in the classified ads. They do crop up from time to time; and it's just a matter of hanging in there and waiting for the right one to come along. And they come in waves: sometimes there are a few for sale at the same time; and at other times, nothing for weeks! :D

As for AZ-1's and Cara's, so there are few around then? Obviously a lot thinner on the ground than Beats; so I just might extend my search to cover these now...
Chris da Silva
Message Board Guru
Message Board Guru

Postby Chris da Silva » Sun Apr 05, 2015 07:53

Ultimately, I like to have 3 Kei cars in my stable: a Cappo (which I already have), a [Honda] Beat and an [Autozam]AZ-1/[Suzuki] Cara.

A Beat is already on the SEVS list so it's just a matter of being patient until the "right" one comes along - much like when I was looking for a Cappo. But I'm going to take the plunge and prepare 2 new applications for the Cara and AZ-1 so that there are 2 different entries on the list. The contents of both lists are going to be nigh-on identical; but for the sake of the Gov't department involved, it would be better (read: peace of mind and protecting one's sanity) to lodge separate applications. (In the past, I found that the average Gov't employee in Canberra is not attentive enough to notice information if two or more identical instances are provided on the same document - hence the need for a second list!)

It's not only for me, but for any Aussie club member who wants to add a Cara or AZ-1 to accompany his/her Cappo. :)

I'll try to get as much info as I can from the Internet; but may have to consult all you boffins out there [in SCORE] for certain aspects which are requested.
Chris da Silva
Message Board Guru
Message Board Guru

Previous

Return to Kissin' Cousins